Heyy! Here's a quick review on the Chanel Pro Lumiere Foundation.
What do you think of when you see the name 'Chanel'? Expensive? High quality products? Over-rated? Worth the splurge? Well, I don't want to impose an opinion on you, but here's a quick background to my foundation search.
Now I spent about an hour or so in John Lewis last month trying on various foundations, as my regular foundation (Bourjois), as odd as this sounds, has gone crazy. Seriously, when I try to pump out the foundation, it doesn't always come out... But anyways, I really needed foundation, especially because for some reason, I have a one or two random blemishes, most likely due to the summer heat (which is pretty much gone now... but hey, this week's meant to be quite warm...). So I went around Bobbi Brown, Yves Saint Laurent, Lancome and more, although I had tried on the Pro Lumiere before about a month prior to this foundation search.
In the end, I was torn between the Laura Mercier oil free foundation and the Chanel Pro Lumiere. Both had a lovely coverage and were £33 each. I had half my face in Laura Mercier, and the other half in Chanel! The make up assistent at Chanel admitted that the Laura Mercier was a good match for my complextion, but she also pointed out the difference is that the Laura Mercier is much more matte , where as the Pro Lumiere is a semi-matte foundation, meaning that it adds a lovely glow to your face, which looks fabulous when the light hits your face. Although I was looking for a matte foundation, I realised that I usually set my foundation with powder, making more matte.
For the final decision, I had to rely on my boyfriend to make the final decision. He initially wanted me to choose the Laura Mercier, as he felt I wanted the Chanel foundation just because it's 'Chanel' (which is not true- I don't get head over heals for labels!). However, in the end, he admitted that the Chanel foundation just beat the Laura Mercier by a nudge, due to the way the light is reflected off your face.
So coverage-wise, it's very radiance-emitting, but doesn't look shiny as it's semi-matte, which makes your face look flawless and airbrushed, yet natural. It's also very light and smooth on your skin and also doesn't crease. I find that the best way to apply it is by a sponge or a beauty blender, which are very inexpensive, however you can experiment with using a brush too and see which you prefer.
Quantity wise, as I bought it recently about a month ago, I can't say how long it will last, however I can say that one-two pumps is enough for your whole face. You can apply it heavier or a second coat on blemishes to add extra coverage and double it up as concealer.
So coverage-wise, it's very radiance-emitting, but doesn't look shiny as it's semi-matte, which makes your face look flawless and airbrushed, yet natural. It's also very light and smooth on your skin and also doesn't crease. I find that the best way to apply it is by a sponge or a beauty blender, which are very inexpensive, however you can experiment with using a brush too and see which you prefer.
Quantity wise, as I bought it recently about a month ago, I can't say how long it will last, however I can say that one-two pumps is enough for your whole face. You can apply it heavier or a second coat on blemishes to add extra coverage and double it up as concealer.
If you have oily skin, it may be best to try the Mat Lumiere.
But to sum up, I really do think that this is value for money as it's also packaged in classy bottle with 30ml of foundation and it smells nice :) I really do feel it is long lasting, as I can go the whole day without touching my make up when I wear it, and it has good consistency; it's not too thick but not watery; it's perfect!
But to sum up, I really do think that this is value for money as it's also packaged in classy bottle with 30ml of foundation and it smells nice :) I really do feel it is long lasting, as I can go the whole day without touching my make up when I wear it, and it has good consistency; it's not too thick but not watery; it's perfect!
No comments:
Post a Comment