Hey-Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted anything for ages, just been really busy in life... Anyways, here's a quick little list of a few beauty essentials for the ladies. I've just done a little list here, splitting it all into specific products and general necessities, and then below is a more detailed list, with a little review and/or how to use 'em, so hope it helps and ENJOY! x
PS Sorry if I missed anything out... I tried!
Specific Essentials:
1 YSL Touché Éclat
2 Benefit Hello Flawless
3 Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette
4 Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara
5 Benefit Hoola
6 Benefit Ultra Radiance Facial Re-Hydrating Mist
7 YSL Rouge Volupté
8 Benefit Benetint
9 Lancome Hypnôse Mascara
10 Benefit Moonbeam
General necessities:
1 Primer
2 Foundation or Tinted Moisturiser
3 Concealer
2. Benefit Hello Flawless - This beautiful powder really does give you a flawless finish. In addition, it's SPF 15 so it protects you from the harmful summer sun rays! It's the only powder I've seen with SPF, so think that's a major plus point. I personally love using it because it gives a light finish and sets any liquid foundation beautifully. It also very usefully comes with both a brush and a sponge, so you can sweep the brush to set your make-up, or you can use the powder to tackle any blemishes or spots. Brilliant!
5. Benefit Hoola - OHHH HOW INCREDIBLE! I LOVE this bronzer so much and for SO many reasons. First of all, you may think that it's just a little box, but it really does last forever, and a little bit of it really does go a long way. Secondly, I love that it's a non-shimmery bronzer. It's so easy to use as it comes with it's own brush. There are a couple of ways to use bronzer; for defining your cheekbones, you can simply suck in your cheeks and apply it accordingly to the hollows made. For hiding doubly chins, simply dab a bit under your chin, defining your jaw-line. You can also apply a bit to your temples and to the sides of your nose to give it a different shape.
6. Benefit Ultra Radiance Facial Re-Hydrating Mist - You can tell I had a little shopping spree with benefit! Now this isn't really an essential item, but it really is an awesome product from their skin care line. You just spray it on your face 8 inches away a couple of times and it just refreshes you and gives you a nice cool mist whilst also setting your make up for the whole day. I love it!
8. Benefit Benetint - This is awesome, I've been secretly using my mum's for years! It gives wonderful and light tint which you can use on your cheeks and your lips. I like it MUCH better than their Posie Tint, which is nice and cute, however I prefer this natural look.
5. Blush - Bobby Brown Blush is my summer go to blush this year. It gives a nice light pink feel and gives (me) a natural look. I also really like those blushes with multiple shades in one because you get a variety of blush colours, but it’s very subtle as it all gets blended so you don't look like a clown. The blush in the picture is from a Rimmel London palette in 002 Rebel Chic. You can also use the Benetint I recommended :)
8 Benefit Benetint
9 Lancome Hypnôse Mascara
10 Benefit Moonbeam
General necessities:
1 Primer
2 Foundation or Tinted Moisturiser
3 Concealer
4 Lipstick - Nude
- Red
- Red
- Pink
- Brown
5 Blush
6 Pencil Eyeliner
7 Liquid or Gel Eyeliner
8 Mascara and Eyelash Curler
9 Eyeshadow and primer
Specific Essentials (Detailed List):
Specific Essentials (Detailed List):
1. YSL Touché Éclat - Okay this is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!! A wonderful highlighter and concealer with just a few clicks! The vast range of shades allows it to suit anybody. It's so easy to use; just dab a bit on to your skin and blend it out with your finger. It also doubles up as a lip primer before applying lipstick, and I love products that multi task!
2. Benefit Hello Flawless - This beautiful powder really does give you a flawless finish. In addition, it's SPF 15 so it protects you from the harmful summer sun rays! It's the only powder I've seen with SPF, so think that's a major plus point. I personally love using it because it gives a light finish and sets any liquid foundation beautifully. It also very usefully comes with both a brush and a sponge, so you can sweep the brush to set your make-up, or you can use the powder to tackle any blemishes or spots. Brilliant!
3. Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette - I LOVE this palette! It comes with 12 beautiful colours and it's all in nice neutral tones, perfect for any smokey eyes! (which adds to the tragedy of how I sadly cannot afford it- WAAAHHHH )'; )
4. Max factor False Lash Effect Mascara - This my favourite mascara; I've literelly been using it for years, whenever it gets close finishing, I RUN to Brent Cross and buy another one, ready for when I need it... Okay, I don't literally "run" per se, but you get the picture! You can layer it on to increase the false lash effect. What I really love about this is that it literally does everything that I need; it curls, lengthens and volumises my ridiculously short and straight Asian lashes. AND it's TOTALLY inexpensive and lasts long! It's an overall WIN-WINN!
4. Max factor False Lash Effect Mascara - This my favourite mascara; I've literelly been using it for years, whenever it gets close finishing, I RUN to Brent Cross and buy another one, ready for when I need it... Okay, I don't literally "run" per se, but you get the picture! You can layer it on to increase the false lash effect. What I really love about this is that it literally does everything that I need; it curls, lengthens and volumises my ridiculously short and straight Asian lashes. AND it's TOTALLY inexpensive and lasts long! It's an overall WIN-WINN!
5. Benefit Hoola - OHHH HOW INCREDIBLE! I LOVE this bronzer so much and for SO many reasons. First of all, you may think that it's just a little box, but it really does last forever, and a little bit of it really does go a long way. Secondly, I love that it's a non-shimmery bronzer. It's so easy to use as it comes with it's own brush. There are a couple of ways to use bronzer; for defining your cheekbones, you can simply suck in your cheeks and apply it accordingly to the hollows made. For hiding doubly chins, simply dab a bit under your chin, defining your jaw-line. You can also apply a bit to your temples and to the sides of your nose to give it a different shape.
6. Benefit Ultra Radiance Facial Re-Hydrating Mist - You can tell I had a little shopping spree with benefit! Now this isn't really an essential item, but it really is an awesome product from their skin care line. You just spray it on your face 8 inches away a couple of times and it just refreshes you and gives you a nice cool mist whilst also setting your make up for the whole day. I love it!
7. YSL Rouge Volupté - Another item (and the last item on my essential make-up list) which I do not possess, however I shall be getting many of them very soon. I have recently tried it out in the shops, and I love how moisturising it is for your lips. The colours are also very vibrant. AND it's SPF 15! I'm really loving the Provocative Pink, Rose Culte and Extreme Coral.Also, the actual lipstick looks so sick.
8. Benefit Benetint - This is awesome, I've been secretly using my mum's for years! It gives wonderful and light tint which you can use on your cheeks and your lips. I like it MUCH better than their Posie Tint, which is nice and cute, however I prefer this natural look.
8. Lancome Hypnôse Mascara - Okay, so honestly, I don't actually own this either, but It's on my list, and it should be on yours! It instantly adds length, shape and volume to any eyes.
TOP TIP: When using mascara, dip the wand in the tube only once, do not re-dip, or your definitely inviting mascara clumps to your eyes, as well as pumping air into the tube, thus drying out your mascara and limiting it's lifetime.
TOP TIP: When using mascara, dip the wand in the tube only once, do not re-dip, or your definitely inviting mascara clumps to your eyes, as well as pumping air into the tube, thus drying out your mascara and limiting it's lifetime.
9. Benefit Moonbeam- Wow, Benefit's on a roll here! Anyways, this is a gorgeous highlighter, and works superbly on those with yellow undertones. It seems to work best on those with tan skin, however, if this is not you, do not fret, for a lovely alternative would be their highbeam, which works best on those with fairer skin tones, or even Yves Saint Laurent's Touché Éclat, which suits all.
General necessities (Detailed List):
1. Primer - I use Loreal's Studio Secrets as its soft and creamy as well as not pricey!
2. Foundation or Tinted Moisturiser - For summer, I've been really into the light coverage, and so I've been using various tinted moiturisers, however the one I'm liking the best is Bobbi Brown's Tinted Moisturiser, which suits my skin tone perfectly, giving my face a lovely even skin tone. It's also SPF 15! When you use these tinted moisturisers, I would recommend not using any powder over it, as it takes away the fresh, clean summer look. Laura Mercia's Tinted moisturiser is also in my good book.
3. Concealer - I really don't need to tell you that this is a must, unless you either like having dark circles under your eyes or you're one of those unfairly lucky creatures who have perfect skin... Anyways, As I have said above, the YSL Touché Éclat is a brilliant concealer as well as highlighter. It's meant to be just a highlighter, however it does actually work well as a concealer before your foundation too.
4. Lipstick - Every woman's need! Here are the main essential tones
- Nude - I really Like Laura Mercia for nude lip colours.
2. Foundation or Tinted Moisturiser - For summer, I've been really into the light coverage, and so I've been using various tinted moiturisers, however the one I'm liking the best is Bobbi Brown's Tinted Moisturiser, which suits my skin tone perfectly, giving my face a lovely even skin tone. It's also SPF 15! When you use these tinted moisturisers, I would recommend not using any powder over it, as it takes away the fresh, clean summer look. Laura Mercia's Tinted moisturiser is also in my good book.
3. Concealer - I really don't need to tell you that this is a must, unless you either like having dark circles under your eyes or you're one of those unfairly lucky creatures who have perfect skin... Anyways, As I have said above, the YSL Touché Éclat is a brilliant concealer as well as highlighter. It's meant to be just a highlighter, however it does actually work well as a concealer before your foundation too.
4. Lipstick - Every woman's need! Here are the main essential tones
- Nude - I really Like Laura Mercia for nude lip colours.
- Red - Nars' Jungle red lipstick is brilliant as it stays on forever and is lovely and bold!
- Pink - I'm really liking YSL Rouge Volupté for the moisture and vibrancy in their lipstick. Mac's Lady Gaga range also produced some gorgeous shades.
- Brown - Again, YSL have my vote. However, I've been using an Elizabeth Arden brown lipstick which also looks beautiful and is very nourishing to the lips. Chanel also do beautiful browns.
5. Blush - Bobby Brown Blush is my summer go to blush this year. It gives a nice light pink feel and gives (me) a natural look. I also really like those blushes with multiple shades in one because you get a variety of blush colours, but it’s very subtle as it all gets blended so you don't look like a clown. The blush in the picture is from a Rimmel London palette in 002 Rebel Chic. You can also use the Benetint I recommended :)
6. Pencil Eyeliner - HOW can you live without a black pencil eyeliner? I like using Max Factors' Kohl eyeliner to add to a smokey eye effect, as it looks sultry when applied to your eyelid and then lightly smudged. I also like using Rimmel London Eyeliner as it's very bold and strong which adds to an intense look. Both of these are from "drug store brands" and so they are totally inexpensive, but work perfectly. White eyeliner is also a necessity as it can really bring out the whites of your eyes and make them seem less tired as well as making them seem bigger. I like Topshops' Kohl Liner which is very long lasting; although the clothes are seriously overprice, their make range is surprisingly cheap, but still really good quality!
7. Liquid or Gel Eyeliner - I use a range of liquid eyeliners, from Mac's Hello Kitty to Urban Decay to Miss Sporty, all of which have different effects, and so it's really up you you what kind of look you want and what works best for you, as there are so many liquid eyeliners with many different types of brushes and thicknesses etc. I currently do not own any Gel Eyeliners, however I am looking to invest in some very soon. Physicians Formula have sets of three gel eyeliners specific to eye colours and is available for about £7 from the US, or £26 from Amazon.... talk about the price difference! But I am really keen on Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner as the intensity of it seems to last throughout the whole day.
8. Mascara and Eyelash Curler - If you have long, curly and thick lashes, you are sure to be the focus of envy! A curler and mascara are key in achieving full lashes with volume, length, shape and curl. I highly recommend Max Factor False Lash Effect. And for curlers, any working curler will do.
8. Mascara and Eyelash Curler - If you have long, curly and thick lashes, you are sure to be the focus of envy! A curler and mascara are key in achieving full lashes with volume, length, shape and curl. I highly recommend Max Factor False Lash Effect. And for curlers, any working curler will do.
9. Eyeshadow and primer- At the moment, I really love Bobbi Brown's cream eyeshadow because it really does last all day and you only need a little bit of it for a vibrant colour. You can also use it as primer so you can kill two birds with one stone! Urban Decay's primer potion is however a really wonderful primer. It really does make your eyeshadow stay on all day long. I'm also really into this Urban Decay's palette, which has a lovely variety of 9 gorgeous glittery colours. Unfortunately I don't know what it's called, but here's a picture: Inika Mineral Eyeshadow is also incredible. I actually got mine in last months’ issue of Marie Claire, but I'm SO thankful for getting it because it truly is amazing. If you moisten a cotton bud and use that to apply the eyeshadow, it comes out so bold and strong and it really does stay on for ages.

